Current Positions on Offer in OR and Related Disciplines
Data Scientist - Innovation Central Perth (ICP)
Job No: CURTIN43
A rare opportunity exists for a Data Scientist to join as a key member of the Innovation Central Perth (ICP). The role involves engaging with external parties, working with them to establish projects suitable for the ICP (i.e. proof-of-concept projects) and then working on the technical aspects of these projects in the data analytics and operations research areas.
- Work with organisations (SMEs, Industry, Government etc) wishing to engage with the ICP to develop suitable projects that meet the requirements of both the ICP and the organisation.
- Development of problem specific analytics/optimisation algorithms required to support specified ICP projects.
- Work directly with ICP staff and external organisations to design and build prototype software and visualisations for specified projects.
- Collaborate with the computational specialists within the Curtin Institute for Computation and the data scientists within Curtin Teaching and Learning to ensure that the analytics solutions developed have the widest applicability.
- Provide plain English summaries and updates to the ICP partners on the projects undertaken in the ICP.
- Contribute to research activities such as assisting in grant proposal development, writing publications etc.
Applications close: 5 pm, Saturday 28 April 2018
For further information, see https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/CURTIN43-data-scientist-innovation-central-perth-icp
Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor in Business Analytics
Faculty of Business and Economics
Graduate School of Management, University of Auckland
- Teach post-graduate students at a top-ranked and triple-crown accredited Business School
- Continue your relevant and high-quality research in a collegial and supportive department
- Live in the world's fourth most cosmopolitan city (World Migration Report), in the world's most prosperous (Legatum) and least corrupt (Transparency International) nation
Sustained growth in demand for Graduate School of Management (GSM) programmes has created an opportunity for us to appoint a Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in Business Analytics (continuing position). We welcome applications from individuals with an established teaching record in Business Analytics and Quantitative Methods.
The University of Auckland's ranking in the top 100 of the 2018 QS World Universities Ranking (ranking top in New Zealand in most subject areas, including Accounting and Finance, Business and Management, and Economics) confirms both its status as New Zealand's pre-eminent research-led university and its place amongst the top 1% of universities worldwide.
The GSM is a multi-disciplinary department with faculty characterised by their desire to make a difference to business in New Zealand and abroad through their international perspective and connections they foster. The GSM enhances the University of Auckland's well-established reputation for delivering high value, relevant and challenging learning experiences that maximise the employment outcomes of our graduates. Our faculty works collaboratively, alongside educational development and learning technology professionals, to deliver a high-quality student experience.
Who are we looking for?
As you will contribute to the development and delivery of applied and practice-based, research-informed, and demand-driven curricula for Business Masters (pre-experience), MBA and Postgraduate Diploma (post-experience) programmes as well as Executive Education, it is essential you have experience (i) designing and delivering Business Analytics, Quantitative Methods or equivalent courses at the postgraduate level, and (ii) engaging with internationally-diverse postgraduate student cohorts.
In addition, you will have a track record of quality research outputs that will enable you to engage in research and supervision within your own discipline (e.g. Operations, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, or Information Systems), and desirably across disciplinary boundaries.
All applications should include the following documentation, combined as a single document:
- A cover letter clearly indicating rank of interest
- A Curriculum Vitae • A statement of your research programme, including a full record of publications
- A statement and substantiation of your teaching philosophy
- A statement of your experience in designing and delivering postgraduate courses in Business Analytics, Quantitative Methods or equivalent, with an applied/ practitioner focus (including teaching students from non-cognate backgrounds and international students)
- Teaching evaluations
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees that ensures a healthy work-life balance. For more information please visit: Career development and benefits.
Applications close Monday, 16 April 2018.
For further information and to apply online please visit www.auckland.ac.nz/opportunities
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Maori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support and flexible work go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
Direct enquiries only please - no agencies.