- We've posted a new installment of ASOR News (on 24 July 2018).
- Sci+Tech in the City returns 26 July 2018 and runs fortnightly until 15 November -- see Sci+Tech in the City.
- ASOR National Conference 2018, joint with the Defence OR Symposium (DORS), Rydges Hotel Melbourne, December 2018 -- see ASOR Conferences.
- ASOR Awards - Ren Potts Medal and ASOR Rising Star Award - returning in 2018 with applications opening in early July -- see ASOR Ren Potts Medal and ASOR Rising Star Award.
- MODSIM/ASOR/DORS 2019 -- ASOR is pleased to once again join with the MODSIM Conference, this time in Canberra, 1-6 December 2019 -- see MODSIM 2019.
About the Australian Society for Operations Research
The Australian Society For Operations Research (ASOR) was founded on 1st January, 1972 and has over 200 members nationwide. ASOR, like other OR societies in other nations, is affiliated to the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS).
The Society's objectives are to:
- Foster the development of the science of Operations Research.
- Foster the application of Operations Research wherever appropriate.
- Foster the widest possible exchange of information and ideas on Operations Research and related subjects.
- Define standards of knowledge in and to further the study of Operations Research.
ASOR serves the professional needs of OR analysts, managers, students and educators by publishing a National Bulletin and News, and running events including Conferences and Seminars. We have annual awards for achievement (the ASOR Ren Potts Medal) and up-and-coming people in OR (the ASOR Rising Star Award).
The society serves as a focal point for operations researchers to communicate with each other and to reach out to other professional societies. We run a mailing list for broadcasting information, a Youtube Channel for recorded seminars and tutorials, a LinkedIn Group for discussions and networking, and we also have a Twitter account @ASOR_news. We're a Membership-based organisation, welcoming anyone with an interest in the area.