- ASOR CONSTITUTION CHANGE -- important information for all members can be found at ASOR Constitution 2020.
- ASOR THURSDAY AFTERNOON SEMINARS -- Restarting November 2020 and running weekly until mid-December, see ASOR Seminars.
- ASOR at MODSIM 2021, ASOR is pleased to be part of MODSIM again in 2021, this time in Sydney.
ASOR Thursday Afternoon Seminars
ASOR is live streaming presentations about OR and analytics at 4.30pm every Thursday afternoon. See ASOR Seminars. Recording of the presentations are posted on ASOR's vimeo account and linked-to from our website. Series One concluded mid-September, and series two begins 5 November 2020.
About the Australian Society for Operations Research
The Australian Society For Operations Research (ASOR) was founded on 1st January, 1972 and has over 200 members nationwide. ASOR, like other OR societies in other nations, is affiliated to the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS).
The Society's objectives are to:
- Foster the development of the science of Operations Research.
- Foster the application of Operations Research wherever appropriate.
- Foster the widest possible exchange of information and ideas on Operations Research and related subjects.
- Define standards of knowledge in and to further the study of Operations Research.
ASOR serves the professional needs of OR analysts, managers, students and educators by publishing a National Bulletin and News, and running events including Conferences and Seminars. We have annual awards for achievement (the ASOR Ren Potts Medal) and up-and-coming people in OR (the ASOR Rising Star Award).
The society serves as a focal point for operations researchers to communicate with each other and to reach out to other professional societies. We run a mailing list for broadcasting information, a Youtube Channel for recorded seminars and tutorials, a LinkedIn Group for discussions and networking, and we also have a Twitter account @ASOR_news. We're a Membership-based organisation, welcoming anyone with an interest in the area.